European football is a colloquial term referring to any international football club competition that is organized by UEFA. Any club that wishes to participate in European football must qualify through their respective domestic league or domestic cup competitions. The term may also mean simply as club football that takes place in Europe.
Renamed or Defunct
- UEFA Champions League, Europe's premier football club competition, reorganized in 1992.
- UEFA Europa League, Europe's second football club competition, reorganized in 2009.
- UEFA Super Cup, the European football season curtain raiser.
- European Champion Clubs' Cup (1955-1992), expanded and renamed UEFA Champions League in 1992.
- UEFA Cup (1971-2009), expanded and renamed UEFA Europa League in 2009.
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1960-1999), disbanded with qualifying clubs transferred to UEFA Cup in 1999.
- UEFA Intertoto Cup (1961-2009), disbanded with qualifying clubs transferred to UEFA Europa League in 2009.